The Kashi Health Nutritional Deficiencies Panel provides insight into how each patient metabolizes key vitamins and nutrients. Dietary vitamins and minerals are critical for nourishment and healing. Deficiencies in essential nutrients can contribute to many health ailments such as vision loss, osteoporosis, anemia, depression and more. Studies indicate that genetics play a large role in nutritional deficiencies. The information provided in the Nutritional report allows for patients and providers to make informed dietary and supplement choices.
Patients with the following conditions or symptoms may benefit from this test:
- Anemia as evidenced by mucousal or nail bed pallor
- Abnormalities in CBC labs (high or low MCV, low MCH, low HgB, hypersegmented neutrophils)
- Chronic fatigue
- Frequent illness
- Night blindness
- Rickets or osteomalacia
- Poor response to nutritional therapies
- Poor growth in children
- Patients must be 6 years old or older for test(s) that require any blood draws.
Patients under the age of 18 require the parental/guardian consent form to be completed electronically.
- We do not support lab ordering for patients in NY, NJ, and RI.